Greenville Christian School was formulated in the minds of concerned Christian parents from Christ Wesleyan Methodist Church. The school opened in late August, 1969, at the the Greenville Hotel with thirty-seven students in grades one through nine.
In 1972, the new facility at Highway 1 south was completed, and the fall class began. The school grew rapidly, and increased enrollment necessitated additional classrooms.
In 1979, the school was recognized under the governing body of the Greenville Christian School Parents' Association.
Since 1983, four new classrooms have been added, an athletic/training building has been constructed and a large science complex has been completed.
The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Mississippi Private School Association.
Greenville Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Exodus 20:2-3; Deuteronomy 6:4; Revelation 4:11; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; 1 John 5:20; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 2:5; Revelation 3:21)
4. We believe that salvation is neither deserved nor earned, but that it is a gift of God, given in mercy upon those who accept it by faith. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 2:14-17)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by indwelling the Christian, enabling him to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16. 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:8)
6. We believe in the Biblical account of creation and reject naturalistic and theistic evolution. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, 2:7; Colossians 1:16-17)
7. We believe in a literal heaven (the eternal resurrection for those who are saved) and a literal hell (the eternal damnation for those who are lost). (1 Thessalonians 4:13; Revelation 20:11-15)
8. We deny that a biblically based curriculum results in an inferior education.